Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

InkServer question

I was looking through the apps on my iMac (Mojave 10.14.6) prior to upgrading to Catalina, and I noticed that InkServer is 32-bit (see the info below). Does anyone know if Catalina will automatically update this to 64-Bit (Intel)? Is it still needed?

InkServer:

Version: 10.9

Obtained from: Apple

Last Modified: 3/27/19, 12:06 PM

Kind: Intel

64-Bit (Intel): No

Signed by: Software Signing, Apple Code Signing Certification Authority, Apple Root CA

Get Info String: 10.9, Copyright 2012 Apple Inc.

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.12

Posted on Oct 23, 2019 1:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2019 6:27 AM

I was curious about this too. After doing some research I found another thread that mentioned InkServer is a proprietary software by Apple, which means you do not have to worry, and also shouldn't mess around with just in case. Any proprietary software that appears to be 32-bit should not raise concern. From what I read it was only THIRD PARTY 32-bit applications that you should be worried about either updating or removing.

I hope this was helpful.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2019 6:27 AM in response to William Tomcanin

I was curious about this too. After doing some research I found another thread that mentioned InkServer is a proprietary software by Apple, which means you do not have to worry, and also shouldn't mess around with just in case. Any proprietary software that appears to be 32-bit should not raise concern. From what I read it was only THIRD PARTY 32-bit applications that you should be worried about either updating or removing.

I hope this was helpful.

InkServer question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.