Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am getting texts pretty frequently about my apple ID verification code and I haven't had an Apple ID in almost a year. I'd still like to keep it secure and wondering how I can prevent this

Posted on Oct 23, 2019 4:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2019 5:20 PM

Since you have 2 Factor Authentication enabled on the account, unless someone can access one of your trusted devices, the account is secure. If you want to try to stop the messages, you can do a name change on your Apple ID account.

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2019 5:20 PM in response to donnie178

Since you have 2 Factor Authentication enabled on the account, unless someone can access one of your trusted devices, the account is secure. If you want to try to stop the messages, you can do a name change on your Apple ID account.

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

I am getting texts pretty frequently about my apple ID verification code and I haven't had an Apple ID in almost a year. I'd still like to keep it secure and wondering how I can prevent this

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.