Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home Movies

I have an Apple TV version 3, and a 2017 MacBook pro with an external hard drive that has some home movies on it. 3 days ago I was able to access the home movies via my Apple TV through home sharing, and using the computer icon on the Apple TV. Now when I open up the computer icon it says it can't see my computer. My Apple Tv is connected to the internet via a hardwired connection. I can see my Apple Tv from my MacBook pro. I can even play a movie from my MacBook pro on my Apple Tv. I can't access my computer icon on my Apple Tv to pick movies as I could 3 days ago. Has something changed recently?

Please Help

Posted on Oct 23, 2019 7:21 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Oct 23, 2019 10:31 PM in response to 427Cobra1966

Is the MacBook Pro running macOS Catalina? Did it run Catalina when it worked? I ask because iTunes has been replaced, and Home Sharing controls works a bit different on that system.

Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices - Apple Support

Apple TV software version 7.4 for Apple TV (3rd generation) is now a month old, so that is not something that has changed in the last 3 days.

Home Movies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.