Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV HD and homeshare

Hope someone can help me with my stubborn Apple TV HD.

I have several older generation Apple TVs and one Apple TV HD. I have just had the hard drive replaced on my iMac which holds all my music and movies etc.... This included finally upgrading to Catalina and therefore losing iTunes for Music and TV.

So far so good, everything makes sense and all of my older Apple TVs are happily streaming movies and music over homeshare from my iMac. However my Apple TV HD refuses to connect to home sharing. I have shut down and restarted at both ends and turned homeshaing off and back on at both ends. I can push a movie from my iMac to the Apple TV HD over airplay, but still it refuses to connect to home sharing when my older models are quite happy to do so.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks,

David.

Apple TV

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 8:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 12:15 PM

For anyone who comes across this thread with the same issue, I thought I should post the solution (at least for me)

Casting around the net I have worked out that this is some sort of known glitch. I eventually sorted it by stripping everything away including Deauthorising all of my computers, restarting everything and then building it all back up again step by step from scratch.

Hope it holds...

Thanks for trying anyway.

Best,

David.

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2020 12:15 PM in response to David Gee1

For anyone who comes across this thread with the same issue, I thought I should post the solution (at least for me)

Casting around the net I have worked out that this is some sort of known glitch. I eventually sorted it by stripping everything away including Deauthorising all of my computers, restarting everything and then building it all back up again step by step from scratch.

Hope it holds...

Thanks for trying anyway.

Best,

David.

Apple TV HD and homeshare

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.