Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home Sharing to Apple tv 4th generation not working since moving to big sur

So home sharing has stopped working correctly since moving to Big Sur on my iMac Pro and my Apple TV 4K. When i go to movies it shows 1 movie which is a purchased movie from Apple, a few recently played song and 1home video and that is it. I have hundreds of movies and literally thousands of songs. Now if i play a movie on my mac and send it to the Apple TV to play, that works fine, and weirder if i then restart the Apple TV that movie is added to my movies that show up (it now shows 3 movies).

I have tried turning off media sharing and home sharing on my mac and back on. And turned off home sharing and turned back on, on my Apple TV.

This used to work just fine.

I am connected via Cat 6 1000 based ethernet, and my music and video libraries are on external hard drives.

Posted on Jul 30, 2021 1:40 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Jul 31, 2021 12:18 PM in response to Jonah Lee Walker

Hi Jonah Lee Walker,

We understand you're experiencing an issue with Home Sharing. We recommend the steps from the following article that can help:

Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices

Specifically the section "Use Home Sharing on your Apple TV", please note "Connect your Apple TV to the same Wi-Fi network as your computer."

Hope this helps!

Have a great day.

Home Sharing to Apple tv 4th generation not working since moving to big sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.