Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple tv 4k home sharing problem

I have an AppleTV 4k and a MacBook pro-2016.

I added videos on my mac to the AppleTV app but they are not appearing on my Apple TV "TV" app.

This happens as well with my music, all the music I have on my computer is not displaying on the Apple TV.

I don't want to stream! Especially for videos, streaming is a real pain to me, since my wireless is super slow, therefore I connect my Apple TV to an ethernet, and my MacBook as well, which is very fast.

My intention to buy an Apple TV is also to see my personal videos without the pain of streaming!

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Sep 16, 2021 4:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2021 6:02 AM

I added videos on my mac to the AppleTV app but they are not appearing on my Apple TV "TV" app.
This happens as well with my music, all the music I have on my computer is not displaying on the Apple TV.

Home Sharing on Apple TV requires the Computers app as viewer/player. There you will see all the home shared content.

I don't want to stream! Especially for videos, streaming is a real pain to me, since my wireless is super slow, therefore I connect my Apple TV to an ethernet, and my MacBook as well, which is very fast.

Ethernet vs Wi-Fi is user choice, either one is fine. It is independent of online streaming, though, as either one will usually go through the same router that also handles internet connectivity.

My intention to buy an Apple TV is also to see my personal videos without the pain of streaming!

Home videos have their own tab (or sub-tab) in the Computers app. That should be shareable without issues.

Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices - Apple Support

↳ Use Home Sharing on your Apple TV

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2021 6:02 AM in response to melimi

Home Sharing on Apple TV requires the Computers app as viewer/player. There you will see all the home shared content.

Ethernet vs Wi-Fi is user choice, either one is fine. It is independent of online streaming, though, as either one will usually go through the same router that also handles internet connectivity.

Home videos have their own tab (or sub-tab) in the Computers app. That should be shareable without issues.

Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices - Apple Support

↳ Use Home Sharing on your Apple TV

apple tv 4k home sharing problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.