Home sharing stopped working on AppleTV, iPhone and iPad

I have a Mini 2020 that I want to replace my Mac Mini 2010 as a Music server. Home Sharing works great with the 2010 Mini and the AppleTV, iPhone and iPad but it does not work with the 2020 Mini and Ventura. My music library on the 2020 Mini is visible from the Music app on a 2015 MacBook Air when I click on the Library tab on the sidebar. On the 2020 Mini when I click on the Music App it does give me a menu with the name of the Library on it.

Now I understand that the solution to the AppleTV not connecting is to reset the AppleTV. I will probably do that at some point or another but it is a drastic step that I am trying to avoid. But what about the iPad and the iPhone?

Mac mini (M1, 2020)

Posted on Apr 19, 2023 7:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2023 9:12 AM

OK, so I updated the Mac mini 2020 to Ventura 13.3.1 and I toggled the Media Sharing to off and then back on. Now the dialog box following that was taking an awfully long time to come back so I did Command-Option-Esc on the System Preferences control panel to force quit it. Now all the client devices have access to the library no problem. I am concerned about the infinite loop because of the toggle but not that concerned.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2023 9:12 AM in response to bigsnake499

OK, so I updated the Mac mini 2020 to Ventura 13.3.1 and I toggled the Media Sharing to off and then back on. Now the dialog box following that was taking an awfully long time to come back so I did Command-Option-Esc on the System Preferences control panel to force quit it. Now all the client devices have access to the library no problem. I am concerned about the infinite loop because of the toggle but not that concerned.

Home sharing stopped working on AppleTV, iPhone and iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.