Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does iPad have unusable built-in weather widget?

I, and I’m sure millions of other iPad users, are very disappointed that iPad does not have some of the basic built-in apps like weather or calculator (which are included/available with iPhone)

But even worse, iPad has the option to show the built-in weather widget, which just shows text saying “Location services for Weather is off”. Of course location services cannot be turned on, because THERE IS NO APP :(

iPad mini, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 24, 2019 7:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2019 7:15 AM

DragonTBear wrote:

I, and I’m sure millions of other iPad users, are very disappointed that iPad does not have some of the basic built-in apps like weather or calculator (which are included/available with iPhone)

There are lots of great third party weather and calculator apps (and there's Siri), so no, I'm certainly not disappointed. I would never presume to speak for millions of other people, though.

You should let Apple know of your disappointment:

Product Feedback - Apple

Meanwhile, the weather widget works fine on my iPad. I'd suggest you start troubleshooting by toggling Location services off and then back on.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2019 7:15 AM in response to DragonTBear

DragonTBear wrote:

There are lots of great third party weather and calculator apps (and there's Siri), so no, I'm certainly not disappointed. I would never presume to speak for millions of other people, though.

You should let Apple know of your disappointment:

Product Feedback - Apple

Meanwhile, the weather widget works fine on my iPad. I'd suggest you start troubleshooting by toggling Location services off and then back on.

Oct 25, 2019 7:15 AM in response to DragonTBear

After turning location services off and back on, the widget is able to show some current location weather info; However, it still opens weather.com, with all its advertising, instead of a nice native built-in app, like the iPhone does.

Sure, the are 3rd party apps, and lots of web pages that either cost or display annoying ads; However, not having the built-in apps that iPhone does leaves me, and most all other users I talked with, disappointed.

Another example, is the calculator app which, on iPhone, can be added to the ‘Control Center’. No 3rd party app does that.

Oct 25, 2019 7:57 AM in response to DragonTBear

Complaining here will not change anything. People have complained about the iPads lack of the iPhone weather, calculator and stock apps since the first iPad was released in 2010. iPadOS 13 has not changed that at all.

Posting feedback to the Apple feedback link is the only way to perhaps get your thoughts in front if the iPadOS engineers and design staff.

Why does iPad have unusable built-in weather widget?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.