Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud storage

Where and how can I transfer photos and videos to free up my iCloud storage?i

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 24, 2019 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2019 9:27 AM

iCloud is a syncing service. That means, if you have things like iCloud Photo Library turned on, that any photos on your iPhone are synced to iCloud and as such would be in both places. Also if you delete something from your iPhone, then it gets deleted from iCloud.

To transfer photos and make room in iCloud, you can copy the photos and videos off your iPhone, and then delete them from there to also delete them from iCloud.

See here: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2019 9:27 AM in response to agustin73

iCloud is a syncing service. That means, if you have things like iCloud Photo Library turned on, that any photos on your iPhone are synced to iCloud and as such would be in both places. Also if you delete something from your iPhone, then it gets deleted from iCloud.

To transfer photos and make room in iCloud, you can copy the photos and videos off your iPhone, and then delete them from there to also delete them from iCloud.

See here: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

iCloud storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.