Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dock missing in Catalina

Running Catalina on iMac 21.5" 2015....and the dock has disappeared and will not appear no matter what I do. Any suggestions?

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 24, 2019 2:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2019 4:46 AM

This happened to me too. I tried recommended fixes I found but none of them worked. After some trial and error I found this solution worked permanently.

1. Go to System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Launchpad & Dock
  2. Turn off 'Turn Dock Hiding On/Off'
  3. Go to System Preferences > Dock
  4. Untick 'Automatically hide and the show Dock'

If this does not solve the issue, leave the amended settings as they are and restart your computer.

If this has not worked, then go back to Systems Preferences and reset the settings above as they were making any changes. Then restart and make the same changes listed above but in this order:

1. Go to System Preferences > Dock
  2. Untick 'Automatically hide and the show Dock'
  3. Got to System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Launchpad & Dock
  4. Turn off 'Turn Dock Hiding On/Off'

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2019 4:46 AM in response to Stan Kosmoski

This happened to me too. I tried recommended fixes I found but none of them worked. After some trial and error I found this solution worked permanently.

1. Go to System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Launchpad & Dock
  2. Turn off 'Turn Dock Hiding On/Off'
  3. Go to System Preferences > Dock
  4. Untick 'Automatically hide and the show Dock'

If this does not solve the issue, leave the amended settings as they are and restart your computer.

If this has not worked, then go back to Systems Preferences and reset the settings above as they were making any changes. Then restart and make the same changes listed above but in this order:

1. Go to System Preferences > Dock
  2. Untick 'Automatically hide and the show Dock'
  3. Got to System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Launchpad & Dock
  4. Turn off 'Turn Dock Hiding On/Off'

Dock missing in Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.