Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 13.1.3 SMS/iMessage Issue, iPhone no longer replies to both my iPad and my Android phone

I have an iPad Pro that I use for texting with my wife who has an iPhone 8 Plus. I also have an Android phone that I text my wife with when not using my iPad. Since the iPad and the iPhone updated to IOS 13.1.3, the iPhone no longer reply to both my iPad and my Android phone. Once the iPhone replies to the iPad, it will not switch back to SMS for the Android phone. It will receive the SMS message from the phone but then replies using iMessage and that reply goes to my iPad. Has anyone seen any issues like this since updating to 13.1.3?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 24, 2019 8:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2019 8:29 AM

Hello,

Please verify that Messages is enabled on both your iPhone and iPad in Settings > Tap your account > iCloud.

Please verify that iMessage is enabled on your iPhone and iPad in Settings > Messages.

Please verify that Text Message forwarding is enabled on your iPhone in Settings > Messages.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2019 8:29 AM in response to Nate_K

Hello,

Please verify that Messages is enabled on both your iPhone and iPad in Settings > Tap your account > iCloud.

Please verify that iMessage is enabled on your iPhone and iPad in Settings > Messages.

Please verify that Text Message forwarding is enabled on your iPhone in Settings > Messages.

iOS 13.1.3 SMS/iMessage Issue, iPhone no longer replies to both my iPad and my Android phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.