Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 13.3.3 sms group messaging

So up until last week on while using my goto iPhone XR and my back up iPhone 8+ I could send and receive SMS Group messages to non-iPhones users.

Since that time, I'm not receiving any SMS/Group messages nor are the recipients receiving my messages when sent as SMS/Group to non-iPhone users.

I've contacted Apple as well as my carrier, no one can seem to figure out problem. Which is obvious to me if I never had this issue before updating to IOS 13.1.3, then the issue is the software update which I cannot seem to roll back.

I've reset, restored, turned off and one everything known to man and still its an issue. So if anyone else is having this issue after updating then just know its likely from the update and nothing more.

This IOS 13 has truly been a headache since its release.

iPhone XR

Posted on Oct 25, 2019 9:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2019 12:35 PM

Yes, maybe I shouldn't have yelled however considering I've been dealing with this issue which is frustrating enough only to have someone think they have all the answers or that the problem couldn't be related to Apple when we all know that Apple has had similar issues in prior IOS updates that have affected how iMessages/SMS/Group have operated when such a IOS update is released.

But I digress, I have contacted my carrier and escalated issue. I also have contacted apple and have an open case being investigated as this is not something that can simply occur overnight when I've never had that issue before and there's been no change in service.

Nonetheless, I'll again state that If you wish to give someone advise, my advise to both of you would be to make sure your responses to what the poster is stating, asking or requesting. Otherwise keep it moving, not every post made requires your immediate response.

That being said, I simply asked if anyone had experienced the issue I was currently experiencing. I did not ask for instructions on what I should do being that I've been an Apple user over the last 10+ plus years & I am highly familiar with their products and what actions need to be taken in the event of an unknown issue arising.

Have a great day.

[Edited by Moderator]

Similar questions

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2019 12:35 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Yes, maybe I shouldn't have yelled however considering I've been dealing with this issue which is frustrating enough only to have someone think they have all the answers or that the problem couldn't be related to Apple when we all know that Apple has had similar issues in prior IOS updates that have affected how iMessages/SMS/Group have operated when such a IOS update is released.

But I digress, I have contacted my carrier and escalated issue. I also have contacted apple and have an open case being investigated as this is not something that can simply occur overnight when I've never had that issue before and there's been no change in service.

Nonetheless, I'll again state that If you wish to give someone advise, my advise to both of you would be to make sure your responses to what the poster is stating, asking or requesting. Otherwise keep it moving, not every post made requires your immediate response.

That being said, I simply asked if anyone had experienced the issue I was currently experiencing. I did not ask for instructions on what I should do being that I've been an Apple user over the last 10+ plus years & I am highly familiar with their products and what actions need to be taken in the event of an unknown issue arising.

Have a great day.

[Edited by Moderator]

Oct 25, 2019 11:57 AM in response to Iphone39

Iphone39 wrote:
AND AGAIN UNLESS YOU ARE A REPRESENTATIVE OF APPLE, YOUR ADVISE IS NOT NEEDED NOR REQUESTED.

If you want advice from Apple, you're in the wrong place. This is a user-to-user support forum.

Use the Contact Support link at the top right of every page of these forums to reach out to Apple.

Or, use the information on this page:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Yelling at your fellow users and demanding they not post is uncalled for,

Oct 25, 2019 11:44 AM in response to razmee209

Thank you for your response, HOWEVER as I stated in my original thread I have contact my carrier - there is no known issue found on their end. Additionally, prior to updating my phone to IOS 13.1.3 my phone never had an issue with SMS Group messaging.

Additionally, Apple has known to have issues during software updates that result in issues with carrier setting or otherwise. Since I'm not new to Apple, my knowledge is pretty vast and understanding of who or what could possibly be the issue.

Thanks.

Oct 25, 2019 12:01 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Thank you for the instructions on how to utilize Apple Community Support. My post was simply to inquire if ANYONE was having a similar issue. If you are not having the issue simply read and keep moving along and/or state No you aren't having an issue.

I did not ask nor request any techicial advise or otherwise. Next time I'll remember to be more mindful of the knowitall's in the thread who feels they can tell you more than what you requested.

Thanks!

Oct 25, 2019 12:08 PM in response to Iphone39

Iphone39 wrote:
Thank you for the instructions on how to utilize Apple Community Support. My post was simply to inquire if ANYONE was having a similar issue. If you are not having the issue simply read and keep moving along and/or state No you aren't having an issue.

People are free to comment in any thread they wish as long as they conform to the terms of use. Polls, on the other hand, are not permitted.

Oct 25, 2019 12:30 PM in response to Iphone39

Iphone39 wrote:

And I will state again: you don't get to say who is allowed to post in this thread and who isn't.

Oct 25, 2019 12:34 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

okay got it.

IdrisSeabright wrote:

Iphone39 wrote:

And I will state again: you don't get to say who is allowed to post in this thread and who isn't.

okay got it!!!!

ios 13.3.3 sms group messaging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.