Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Corrupt file stuck in Final Cut pro X

My MacBook Pro (2018) has a stuck file that I can't delete in Final Cut Pro X. I dragged a file in FCP but only a partial video made it into the program. When I tried to delete it, I got a spinning beach ball. I had to force quit out of the program. I tried rebooting the MBP then deleting and re-downloading FCP and the file is still there!

Does anyone know where this file is hiding on my computer? Thanks.

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 25, 2019 4:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2019 6:30 PM

If you know what and where the file is, delete it (or move it to another location), then open FCPX. You should just get a missing media icon. If the media is actually in the Library (you didn't leave it in its original location when you imported it), you may have to go into the Library bundle and risk deleting the file. Make a backup of the Library first, just in case (make a copy in another folder). Right click on the Library icon and Show Package Contents. Find the Name of the Event you were working in and open the folder. Inside there will be a folder called "Original Media". You should find the file in there.

Unless you have a really good reason to do so (collaboration), I recommend always leaving original media in its original location.

HTH

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2019 6:30 PM in response to Leslie Bartiromo1

If you know what and where the file is, delete it (or move it to another location), then open FCPX. You should just get a missing media icon. If the media is actually in the Library (you didn't leave it in its original location when you imported it), you may have to go into the Library bundle and risk deleting the file. Make a backup of the Library first, just in case (make a copy in another folder). Right click on the Library icon and Show Package Contents. Find the Name of the Event you were working in and open the folder. Inside there will be a folder called "Original Media". You should find the file in there.

Unless you have a really good reason to do so (collaboration), I recommend always leaving original media in its original location.

HTH

Corrupt file stuck in Final Cut pro X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.