Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop Mac OS Catalina from verifying every time I open a microsoft office app?

How do I stop Mac OS Catalina from verifying every time I open a microsoft office app?

Every time I run my computer for the first time I want to open a Microsoft Office app it takes some time verifying which is unproductive and takes a lot of time. How do I stop this from happening?

MacBook Air 11", macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 25, 2019 3:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2019 9:24 AM

This is a terrible answer to what is by now a well-known issue with Catalina and Office. AFAIK there has not been a fix released yet, and many, many people are experiencing exactly this behavior. Even if the only answer at this time is “we don’t know yet, but we’re working on it”, that is far better than the answer that was given.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2019 9:24 AM in response to Santiagopala

This is a terrible answer to what is by now a well-known issue with Catalina and Office. AFAIK there has not been a fix released yet, and many, many people are experiencing exactly this behavior. Even if the only answer at this time is “we don’t know yet, but we’re working on it”, that is far better than the answer that was given.

Oct 31, 2019 11:33 AM in response to Santiagopala

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Santiago!

I understand Office runs through a verification every time you open it. I'd be happy to provide information to help you address this.

Make sure that your Mac is up-to-date: Keep your Mac up to date

If you've already updated, and the issue continues, reach out to Apple Support for further assistance.

Have a great day!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.