Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS catalina could not be verified

Have a iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014). Software update downloads Catalina but after it finishes download, I get a new pop up that say "macOS Catalina" could not be verified. An error occurred while installing the selected updates.

This same problem happens every time. Ideas? Thanks!!

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 25, 2019 8:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2019 1:47 AM

I found this and it worked:

Problem solved by doing this:

Go to settings then date&time. Click and then unclick "set date and time automatically". Save the changes by clicking the lock.

Then restart the computer and proceed to download the update once again through settings and software update.

It resolved the issue of the update not being verified.

Good luck!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2019 1:47 AM in response to Dorian Hawkmoon

I found this and it worked:

Problem solved by doing this:

Go to settings then date&time. Click and then unclick "set date and time automatically". Save the changes by clicking the lock.

Then restart the computer and proceed to download the update once again through settings and software update.

It resolved the issue of the update not being verified.

Good luck!

macOS catalina could not be verified

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.