Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not able to update my Mac OS with latest updates?

On my mac I see there is a security update available for my OS. I am running macOS Catalina Version 10.15.7. The update in question is macOS Catalina Security Update 2022-001 10.15.7. As per apple this updated was released on 26th Jan. When I click on update now it asks me to restart the mac for update to complete. But once I click on restart it simply restarts my mac and the update still shows up as pending after restart. I also tried to update in safe mode and still the update remains uninstalled. Update size is 1.5 GB and free storage available on my disk is around 7GB. How do I go about making sure this security update is installed on my mac? There is no error message or anything on screen before or after restart. Any help will be appreciated.

Posted on Feb 9, 2022 7:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2022 2:05 PM

One is speaking of this Security Update Download Security Update 2022-001 (Catalina)

Good attempt to trouble shoot this issue ;-))

Suggest two things

1 - Manually download the Standalone Security update above.

2 - With only 7 GB Empty Space on this drive, understand the Security Update needs space to download, then Expand and then to install.

It is suggested to attempt to make space on the drive to allow the installation.

What is “Other” storage on a Mac, and how can I clean it out?

Free up storage space on your Mac

OmniDiskSweeper Safe to use

GrandPerspective 

How to delete Time Machine snapshots on your Mac

See used and available storage space on your Mac

The final word from Apple on Managing the " Other " Category

Other: Contains files that don’t fall into the categories listed here. This category primarily includes files and data used by the system, such as log files, caches, VM files, and other runtime system resources. Also included are temporary files, fonts, app support files, and plug-ins. You can't manage the contents of this category. The contents are managed by macOS, and the category varies in size depending on the current state of your Mac.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2022 2:05 PM in response to TechApple

One is speaking of this Security Update Download Security Update 2022-001 (Catalina)

Good attempt to trouble shoot this issue ;-))

Suggest two things

1 - Manually download the Standalone Security update above.

2 - With only 7 GB Empty Space on this drive, understand the Security Update needs space to download, then Expand and then to install.

It is suggested to attempt to make space on the drive to allow the installation.

What is “Other” storage on a Mac, and how can I clean it out?

Free up storage space on your Mac

OmniDiskSweeper Safe to use

GrandPerspective 

How to delete Time Machine snapshots on your Mac

See used and available storage space on your Mac

The final word from Apple on Managing the " Other " Category

Other: Contains files that don’t fall into the categories listed here. This category primarily includes files and data used by the system, such as log files, caches, VM files, and other runtime system resources. Also included are temporary files, fonts, app support files, and plug-ins. You can't manage the contents of this category. The contents are managed by macOS, and the category varies in size depending on the current state of your Mac.

Not able to update my Mac OS with latest updates?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.