Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scratched the iPhone 4 screen with a rock, now I have rainbow lines

So I had the iPhone 4 in the same pocket with a rock, don't ask why. A few mins later, I horrifically realized this, and took the iPhone out. My worst fear had been realized, as it had scratches all along the lower part of the screen. Now, when the screen is on and I'm looking at something which is one or two colors, I can see rainbow lines caused by the scratches. They are really bothersome, and they are making me real sad.

So what should I do? Anyone got a solution? Or am I screwed?

Thanks!

Windows 7

Posted on Jul 15, 2010 7:04 PM

23 replies

Jul 15, 2010 7:15 PM in response to Werewolfcub

well since u cant get any worse i would go to a parts store like autozone or advanced auto whatever u have near u and get a glass repair kit, usually comes with some epoxy and some other stuff. u are getting rainbow colors because the light is refracting, the repair kit will fill the crack much like it does on a windshield same idea behind repairing cd's or dvd's. google it also there are a few things u can do but i say that is your best bet for front screen.

Jul 17, 2010 4:03 AM in response to zamakhtar

There is one risk. Apple may not replace the glass at no cost.
They can still replace scratched material for you on the TOS guideline.

Read section b II of the contract where they don't enlist in self help repair service or non apple service work done. It also says no accidents but don't say that.
http://images.apple.com/legal/applecare/docs/AppleCarePrem_Svc_Supp_NAen.pdf

zamakhtar wrote:
I like that cuz. Glass repair kit - any risks involved with using that though?

Jul 17, 2010 4:01 AM in response to zamakhtar

Greetings,

Basically you're screwed, unless one of those eyeglasses scratch repair kits won't help. I would think it would help. Otherwise, you'll need to get the glass replaced, cha ching, if it is too bad for you to use.

One of those filmy scratch guards wouldn't have helped much, if at all, as the "rock" would have cut through those with little trouble. I never use them, but I don't usually carry rocks around in my pocket either.

I did drop my earlier iPhone, first generation, and broke the screen. I had to pay a bit to get it replaced, but I earned it, since it was my fault. You live and learn.

Cheers,
M.

Jul 17, 2010 4:51 AM in response to zamakhtar

zamakhtar wrote:
I told you not to ask.

We would still ask! Like why the **** you have a rock in your pocket? Lol
are you an id*ot? who would put a rock in their pocket and be embarassed to tell why >_>
well because of your carelessness you i4's screen is messed up.
sorry if im rude but i cant help it. a rock?! in a pocket?! :O

Scratched the iPhone 4 screen with a rock, now I have rainbow lines

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.