Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to play music with new iOS update

Since updating the latest software, I have had difficulty playing my music. A vast majority of my music is downloaded from iTunes to my iPad. The music app either freezes or does not load the music with the playlists showing up empty. Eventually a few will load correctly. I can access the songs if I search by artist if it doesn’t crash the app, but never the playlists. It has been this way for over a week since the new iOS. Any ideas?

Posted on Oct 26, 2019 9:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2019 1:22 PM

If the Music App isn’t responding 

Make sure your iOS software is up to date

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2019 1:22 PM in response to hillary211

If the Music App isn’t responding 

Make sure your iOS software is up to date

Nov 10, 2019 9:41 AM in response to Vancouver22

Thank you for your reply. This didn’t quite help. The first few playlists show up, but not the rest and then it crashes if I try to open one of the playlists. All the songs are there on my iPad and I can random shuffle all 5000 or so songs but cannot access the playlists. I thought the issue was that it was trying to sync with my wife’s iPad as well as she doesn’t have the same songs downloaded to her device. I have cd music uploaded, purchased iTunes music and itunes songs streaming into my playlists.

Unable to play music with new iOS update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.