Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 8 asking for someone else's apple id and password in order for me to use apps

iphone 8 asking for someone else's apple id and password in order for me to use apps. The iphone has my apple id but whenever I try to update or download app I get asked for someone else's papple id and password

iPhone 8

Posted on Oct 27, 2019 8:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2019 9:36 AM

A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2019 9:36 AM in response to johnfromlombardy

A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review

Oct 27, 2019 10:14 AM in response to Eric Root

Over the past couple of years I have had similar problems on several occasions. I have been dealing with a very slick and smart hacker. Applcations on the Apple are very easy to manage. Delete it and it completely clears it out. Add it back with proper appleID and you are in business. I would recommend that you change your password and turn on added safety features like 2 factor and facial recognition to further protect your data. You can even use Finder if working on a MacBook Pro to see if this other user ID is linked to your system in any way. If you see files containing an unknown user ID contact Apple Support for help with clean up.

iphone 8 asking for someone else's apple id and password in order for me to use apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.