Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant close or switch apps on Ios 13.x.x with iPhone XS (Swiping up from the bottom of screen not working)

I upgraded to iOs 13 with my wives iPhone XS. After the update it is possible to get in the phone from lock screen, but that's it. it is not possible to get out of an app by swiping up from the bottom of the screen, or to switch apps. Only way this is possible is with Siri or by swiping right from the lock screen and use Siri suggestions. This has been a bit frustraiding. I tried to downgrade back to iOs 12.4.1 but it has been stoped signing, so this is out. Any good ideas on the matter?

iPhone XS

Posted on Oct 27, 2019 9:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2019 9:29 AM

The first thing to try is to restart your iPhone. The procedure is described in this link. It does not erase or remove any data.

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

3 replies

Cant close or switch apps on Ios 13.x.x with iPhone XS (Swiping up from the bottom of screen not working)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.