Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina Photos app "memories" can't be posted as video's to iCloud photo share

I can't seem to find a way to post the video that the MacOS Photo app (Catalina) creates for me, with music, videos, pictures etc. and post it or save it as a video. I can do it on my iPad and iPhone, but not from my Mac. Am I just missing something or is this a limitation of the Mac?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 27, 2019 3:30 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Nov 1, 2019 5:57 PM in response to amg1957

Hello amg1957, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. I see from your message that you’re interested in knowing if you can share the Memories videos from your Mac like you can on your iOS devices. Great question! 

On your Mac you can share the photos and videos which are included in the Memory movie, but you can’t share the Memory Movie. As you mentioned you can share it on your iOS devices. Check out the information under, “Save and share your favorite memories,” in this article: Enjoy your Memories in Photos

If you’d like to leave feedback about the difference between Photos on Mac and iOS you can do so over on the Feedback site: Product Feedback - Apple.

Cheers!

Nov 2, 2019 5:15 AM in response to amg1957

You could select all photos in the Memory and create an album from the photos (Share photo memories with others using Photos on Mac - Apple Support). Then create a slideshow project from the album and export the slideshow as a video (Create slideshows in Photos on Mac - Apple Support). This video can be imported to Photos on the Mac and shared in a shared album.

Catalina Photos app "memories" can't be posted as video's to iCloud photo share

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.