Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't apply last the security update (September 26, 2019-005) to my macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G66) via AppStore or .pkg on .dmg. Is (17G66) the last build for MacBook 7,1 since it's impossible to update 'til now?

I can't update my macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G66). Was using macOS Sierra until last week, now I got a dual boot on a MacBook 7,1 (White Unibody mid 2010) with SSD, so Mac OS Extended Journaled and APFS. The build provided to update via link (17G66) has no documentation anywhere.

Via AppStore results in reset after re-entering the OS for the first time, no changes after installation process.

Via .pkg is impossible 'cos there's a huge (!) on the Volume.

Is (17G66) the last build for MacBook 7,1?

MacBook, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 27, 2019 8:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2019 10:19 AM

Solved.

Fact: Skipped Sign In step while installing MacOS High Sierra. So, after entering App Store to update, downloads are available and can restart the OS if needed.

Probable solution: Checked Apple ID device list to assure MacOS 10.13.6 is there. Sign In two times via iTunes and App Store to assure. Checked Apple ID device list again. Another try to apply Security Update 2 2019-005 (September 2019). Success.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2019 10:19 AM in response to PenPineappleApplePenthouse

Solved.

Fact: Skipped Sign In step while installing MacOS High Sierra. So, after entering App Store to update, downloads are available and can restart the OS if needed.

Probable solution: Checked Apple ID device list to assure MacOS 10.13.6 is there. Sign In two times via iTunes and App Store to assure. Checked Apple ID device list again. Another try to apply Security Update 2 2019-005 (September 2019). Success.

Oct 29, 2019 12:15 AM in response to BDAqua

MacBook 7,1 mid 2010

Dual Boot on SSD with Volumes HSF+ and APFS:

macOS Sierra fully updated, Security update 2 (September 2019) already applied

macOS High Sierra (17G66) installed last week, downloaded from link provide by Apple webpage but installed via USB from Volume (16Gb) created on original HDD (since I’m not a Caddy fan right now) that still has OS X El Capitan working (sleeping) on it.

The problem: macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 does not applies the Security Update 2019-005 (September 2019).

If via AppStore: download completed, asks for restart, everything seems to be in order, but restarts again after login on OS. Then nothing changes and I need to download 1.88Gb for another attempt.

If via .pkg: there’s a exclamation (!) on volume that holds macOS High Sierra. I can read “this volume does not meet the requirements for this update”. I tried with both .pkg from Security Update, 2018-002 and the last one, 2019-005, downloaded via link; the same behaviour.

Same under Safe Mode.

No problems on SSD volumes.

Still unsolved.

I can't apply last the security update (September 26, 2019-005) to my macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G66) via AppStore or .pkg on .dmg. Is (17G66) the last build for MacBook 7,1 since it's impossible to update 'til now?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.