Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Crackling sound on MBP 2019 15" + macOS Catalina

I have a 15" MBP 2019 with macOS Catalina (2,3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4, Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB).

I installed macOS Catalina and haven't had issues for a couple of weeks, but since this morning it is making a crackling sound from the left speaker (or at least the top-left area, close to the ESC position). It makes this sound as soon as the computer is on, regardless of whether is connected to power or not. Volume doesn't matter either, the noise is the same. No sound happens when the computer is off or when the computer is in sleep mode.

I have tried resetting SNC and NVRAM/PRAM to no avail. How can I make this noise go away?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 5:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 6:25 AM

hello fabio

The issue may be with the last cooling fan do you use it for high gaming or and heavy load that may be the Mac trying to cool its self. or hardware issue. Check the fans and speaker first and clean then don't unscrew and thing. if the problem continued go to an apple store

Similar questions

2 replies

Crackling sound on MBP 2019 15" + macOS Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.