Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need HP laserjet printer drivers 1320n

With the latest upgrade to Catalina, my envelope printing completely broke in Pages. I'm thinking new drivers might help

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 7:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 8:36 AM

Laura,

The last HP LaserJet drivers for the 1320n were released for macOS 9. This printer is supported on Linux, and probably Windows. Although it is supported in version 5.3.3 of GutenPrint for macOS, that is true for Mojave, but Gutenprint v5.3.3 is not working correctly on Catalina, and the Gutenprint team has no idea when, or if they can make it work on Catalina.

[Edited by Moderator]

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2019 8:36 AM in response to laurafromelmhurst

Laura,

The last HP LaserJet drivers for the 1320n were released for macOS 9. This printer is supported on Linux, and probably Windows. Although it is supported in version 5.3.3 of GutenPrint for macOS, that is true for Mojave, but Gutenprint v5.3.3 is not working correctly on Catalina, and the Gutenprint team has no idea when, or if they can make it work on Catalina.

[Edited by Moderator]

Oct 28, 2019 12:06 PM in response to laurafromelmhurst

I have a Samsung ML-2950 laser here (1200 dpi, 28ppm) that has no drivers for Catalina. As a network printer, I added it, and the Catalina software automatically sought to find a way to connect it in absence of Samsung drivers. It settled on AirPrint, and now I can print from Catalina without vendor drivers. Your HP 1320n will likely not be recognized as a viable AirPrint device, but you never know, might be worth a try.

I need HP laserjet printer drivers 1320n

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.