Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using OS10 Catalina, need printer drivers for HP Laserjet 6MP

My HP Laserjet 6MP stopped working when I installed OS10 Catalina, I can't find new drivers that will work with Catalina

Posted on Nov 11, 2021 8:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2021 8:22 AM

Sorry that you're having this trouble with your Mac and printer.

Please see this support article:

Solve printing problems on Mac - Apple Support

In particular look at the info regarding deleting and reinstalling the printer.

If that is unsuccessful, then see the info link toward the bottom regarding resetting the printing system.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2021 8:22 AM in response to airborne73

Sorry that you're having this trouble with your Mac and printer.

Please see this support article:

Solve printing problems on Mac - Apple Support

In particular look at the info regarding deleting and reinstalling the printer.

If that is unsuccessful, then see the info link toward the bottom regarding resetting the printing system.

Nov 11, 2021 8:26 AM in response to airborne73

HP has not released any new drivers for the LaserJet 6MP since it released 32-bit drivers back at macOS 10.5. Catalina does not support 32-bit printer drivers, and HP abandoned that device long ago.

There are HP LaserJet 6MP drivers in the Dec 2020 HP Printer Drivers v5.1 for macOS installer. Whether these still work on Catalina is an unanswered question until you try. I recently saw a post where someone tried this installer on Monterey and it was rejected, so plan your future upgrades carefully, or acquire a new printer that is compatible with Apple's built-in AirPrint.

Got my jump wings in 1969…

Using OS10 Catalina, need printer drivers for HP Laserjet 6MP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.