Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recently bought Macbook Air

I recently bought a macbook air less than a week ago and there seems to be a small chip in the right hand corner of the display that I did not notice before. What is the process to get this fixed? Can i have it done in store and will there be a charge?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 7:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 8:11 AM

First, if you bought it from Apple directly, you have 14 days to return it for a refund. However, you will need to prove that what is most likely considered a cosmetic issue was present when you took it out of the box. If you've had it for a week, that will be moore difficult. Cosmetic issues are not covered by the regular warranty. So, take it to your Apple store to see what can be done.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2019 8:11 AM in response to megan_5784

First, if you bought it from Apple directly, you have 14 days to return it for a refund. However, you will need to prove that what is most likely considered a cosmetic issue was present when you took it out of the box. If you've had it for a week, that will be moore difficult. Cosmetic issues are not covered by the regular warranty. So, take it to your Apple store to see what can be done.

Recently bought Macbook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.