Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I remove one ios devise from icloud and keep its data

I got a new Ipad mini and would like to remove the old one from my iCloud account. And still keep all its data including notes and photos on my iCloud account and on my new iPad mini

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 9:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 10:10 AM

Are you going to sell the old one? If yes, it will be erased and whatever you erase from a device will be erased in iCloud as well. But, if you moved everything to your new device, then it will still be on iCloud of course.

7 replies

Oct 28, 2019 10:55 AM in response to babowa

babowa wrote:

Are you going to sell the old one? If yes, it will be erased and whatever you erase from a device will be erased in iCloud as well. But, if you moved everything to your new device, then it will still be on iCloud of course.

Yes. if you remove the device from iCloud before erasing anything on it, everything will be kept in iCloud and the device if you select the option to do so.

Things would only be erased from iCloud if you manually erase things on the device before removing it from iCloud.

Simply removing the device from iCloud, does not erase anything on the device nor on iCloud.

Follow the steps here to remove it from iCloud so all its data is kept on iCloud: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

You can then specifically choose to leave data on the device, or simply wipe it clean once you are done.

How can I remove one ios devise from icloud and keep its data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.