Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot connect to the App Store on my Mac running Mojave. Anyone else have this problem or a solution?

Cannot connect to the App Store with my Mac running Mojave. Anyone have a solution?

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 12:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 1:04 PM

I'm having the problem, as well, on two different systems and a (local) friend of mine is too. It seems to be a regional outage, since I'm in the Eastern USA and my co-workers in Seattle, WA with Mojave are not experiencing the issue. The Console logs make it look like a "certificate pinning" error, so I'm guessing that there's a propagation issue with a new or expired certificate. I have a local friend with Catalina who is not experiencing the issue.

I called Apple and they basically refused to help me, despite AppleCare+ and a very expensive computer used in a production environment (where updates need to be carefully considered), unless I update to Catalina. That appears to fix the problem, if you want to go that route.

If anyone at Apple is listening, here's what I see in the Console from the App Store app (AppleMediaServices framework):

AMSURLSecurityPolicy: [9E11A8C3] Trust failed extended validation (EV)

This later causes:

Task <BD37D854-EED8-4C6F-AD00-0DDFA73657E9>.<1> load failed with error Error Domain=NSURLErrorDomain Code=-999 "cancelled" UserInfo={NSErrorFailingURLStringKey=<private>, NSErrorFailingURLKey=<private>, _NSURLErrorRelatedURLSessionTaskErrorKey=<private>, _NSURLErrorFailingURLSessionTaskErrorKey=<private>, NSLocalizedDescription=cancelled} [-999]

Followed by:

AMSURLSession: [9E11A8C3] Task completed with error = Error Domain=NSURLErrorDomain Code=-999 "cancelled" UserInfo={NSErrorFailingURLStringKey=https://bag.itunes.apple.com/bag.xml?os=OS%20X&osVersion=10.14.6&deviceClass=Macintosh&product=MacAppStore&productVersion=3.0&profile=MacAppStore&profileVersion=1&storefront=143441-1,13&format=json, NSErrorFailingURLKey=https://bag.itunes.apple.com/bag.xml?os=OS%20X&osVersion=10.14.6&deviceClass=Macintosh&product=MacAppStore&productVersion=3.0&profile=MacAppStore&profileVersion=1&storefront=143441-1,13&format=json, _NSURLErrorRelatedURLSessionTaskErrorKey=(

"LocalDataTask <BD37D854-EED8-4C6F-AD00-0DDFA73657E9>.<1>"

), _NSURLErrorFailingURLSessionTaskErrorKey=LocalDataTask <BD37D854-EED8-4C6F-AD00-0DDFA73657E9>.<1>, NSLocalizedDescription=cancelled}

My read on this, as an iOS developer, is that there's a certificate that didn't match what you expected, so you failed the authentication challenge and cancelled (-999) the connection. That mimics what I do in an app in which I use certificate pinning.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2019 1:04 PM in response to gus298

I'm having the problem, as well, on two different systems and a (local) friend of mine is too. It seems to be a regional outage, since I'm in the Eastern USA and my co-workers in Seattle, WA with Mojave are not experiencing the issue. The Console logs make it look like a "certificate pinning" error, so I'm guessing that there's a propagation issue with a new or expired certificate. I have a local friend with Catalina who is not experiencing the issue.

I called Apple and they basically refused to help me, despite AppleCare+ and a very expensive computer used in a production environment (where updates need to be carefully considered), unless I update to Catalina. That appears to fix the problem, if you want to go that route.

If anyone at Apple is listening, here's what I see in the Console from the App Store app (AppleMediaServices framework):

AMSURLSecurityPolicy: [9E11A8C3] Trust failed extended validation (EV)

This later causes:

Task <BD37D854-EED8-4C6F-AD00-0DDFA73657E9>.<1> load failed with error Error Domain=NSURLErrorDomain Code=-999 "cancelled" UserInfo={NSErrorFailingURLStringKey=<private>, NSErrorFailingURLKey=<private>, _NSURLErrorRelatedURLSessionTaskErrorKey=<private>, _NSURLErrorFailingURLSessionTaskErrorKey=<private>, NSLocalizedDescription=cancelled} [-999]

Followed by:

AMSURLSession: [9E11A8C3] Task completed with error = Error Domain=NSURLErrorDomain Code=-999 "cancelled" UserInfo={NSErrorFailingURLStringKey=https://bag.itunes.apple.com/bag.xml?os=OS%20X&osVersion=10.14.6&deviceClass=Macintosh&product=MacAppStore&productVersion=3.0&profile=MacAppStore&profileVersion=1&storefront=143441-1,13&format=json, NSErrorFailingURLKey=https://bag.itunes.apple.com/bag.xml?os=OS%20X&osVersion=10.14.6&deviceClass=Macintosh&product=MacAppStore&productVersion=3.0&profile=MacAppStore&profileVersion=1&storefront=143441-1,13&format=json, _NSURLErrorRelatedURLSessionTaskErrorKey=(

"LocalDataTask <BD37D854-EED8-4C6F-AD00-0DDFA73657E9>.<1>"

), _NSURLErrorFailingURLSessionTaskErrorKey=LocalDataTask <BD37D854-EED8-4C6F-AD00-0DDFA73657E9>.<1>, NSLocalizedDescription=cancelled}

My read on this, as an iOS developer, is that there's a certificate that didn't match what you expected, so you failed the authentication challenge and cancelled (-999) the connection. That mimics what I do in an app in which I use certificate pinning.

Cannot connect to the App Store on my Mac running Mojave. Anyone else have this problem or a solution?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.