Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't connect to App Store

I have a MacBook Pro running Mojave 10.14.5 and since last update I can not open the App Store I keep getting the message "can't connect to App Store" and I keep getting 404 in Safari not sure if they are connected.

Posted on Sep 14, 2019 12:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2019 6:42 PM

Hey Junkyard 23,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I definitely want to make sure you're able to access the App Store as expected. I am happy to provide some information and help get this resolved!

Based on the information you shared, I recommend taking a look at the link below for step to take when you can't connect to the App Store. Since you're also having an issue with Safari, this could be a network related problem so definitely work through the steps for "Check your Connection" If the issue persists, I recommend working through the rest of the steps as well.

If your can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or Apple Books

Thanks again, and have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2019 6:42 PM in response to Junkyard 23

Hey Junkyard 23,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I definitely want to make sure you're able to access the App Store as expected. I am happy to provide some information and help get this resolved!

Based on the information you shared, I recommend taking a look at the link below for step to take when you can't connect to the App Store. Since you're also having an issue with Safari, this could be a network related problem so definitely work through the steps for "Check your Connection" If the issue persists, I recommend working through the rest of the steps as well.

If your can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or Apple Books

Thanks again, and have a great day!

Sep 15, 2019 7:16 PM in response to Junkyard 23

I tried to download app and it says I have been disabled from apple store and iTunes.

It is probably because several attempts failed because I forgot my password.

I went to iforgot and followed instructions to have new password, etc.

I signed in and still says disabled from apple store.

Do I have to wait a day or can you help me so I can download my needed app.

can't connect to App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.