Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My old Mac Mini keeps resetting to earlier time than now. It won't keep the current time unless I set it in preferences, and start it up again. Then it looses the current settings the next time it starts up.

My old Mac Mini keeps resetting to earlier date and time than now. It won't keep the current time unless I set it in preferences, and start it up again. Then it looses the current settings the next time it starts up.

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 1:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 1:23 PM

Sounds like the Time Zone is floating in the Date & Time Preference.

Go to: Apple > System Preferences > Date & Time > select the Time Zone tab and see if "Set time zone automatically using current location" is checked or un-checked. You may need to un-lock the preference panel in-order to change it.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2019 1:23 PM in response to MiniMacGuy

Sounds like the Time Zone is floating in the Date & Time Preference.

Go to: Apple > System Preferences > Date & Time > select the Time Zone tab and see if "Set time zone automatically using current location" is checked or un-checked. You may need to un-lock the preference panel in-order to change it.

Oct 28, 2019 5:12 PM in response to MiniMacGuy

You may also try manually setting time and not rely on automatic. However

the issue may be caused by old 'clock battery' as it may now be w/o power.

Those batteries (button cell) can last several years and seem to be OK until

such time as actual power failure; then the memory sustained by that cell

is lost. As are other remembered clock/system settings, usually are then.

My old Mac Mini keeps resetting to earlier time than now. It won't keep the current time unless I set it in preferences, and start it up again. Then it looses the current settings the next time it starts up.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.