Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Menu bar on system restart

Hi,

whenever I reboot my Macbook (with m1 chip) at the top right corner I get the wrong time - it points to Cupertino, when I key in my password and I am authenticated my time is update to the correct one.

This does not occur when I logout, or move to sleep mode, or block screen (then the time on login screen is correct - persisted).

Does anyone know what I can do with it?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 12:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 12:15 PM

Ok, I solved this issue and a couple related to remembering/persisting settings. If the data is not persisted all you have to do is to disable your disc encryption, yes I know... Hopefully they will fix it asap as it is accessibility/security bug.

Disable FileVault and it works.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2020 12:15 PM in response to tym0N

Ok, I solved this issue and a couple related to remembering/persisting settings. If the data is not persisted all you have to do is to disable your disc encryption, yes I know... Hopefully they will fix it asap as it is accessibility/security bug.

Disable FileVault and it works.

Dec 7, 2020 5:18 AM in response to tym0N

Hello tym0N,

It sounds like your computer's displaying the incorrect time only after restarting the machine. It sounds like you've already tried a few steps, including starting the computer in safe mode.

Have you tried to set your Mac's time to Cupertino and back to your correct time zone to see if that helps?

Regards.

Dec 7, 2020 10:18 AM in response to SnickZ.

Hello SnickZ,

thanks for your input and engagement, unfortunately, I did try. I tried as well to change time.apple.com to time.europe.apple.com (as I leave in the EU), and after I saved the value it was pressed until I reset my MAC. Then once again on login screen I've seen the wrong time and after log in I saw the correct one.

Menu bar on system restart

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.