Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Someone I don´t know downloaded a program for iOS devices that it´s tied to my Apple I.D.

When reinstalling my programs in two new Apple devices (iPhone and iPad) I was required the password belonging to an account that I don´t recognize. I was able to restore all my programs using my usual Apple account. I can´t find what program has been not downloaded because obviously I don´t know the password of that unknown account. I don´t care about the missing ghost program but I´m worried about some possible illegitimate use of my Apple I.D. I´m the only one having access to my devices. I´ve no recollection about being charged by Apple regarding a purchase I didn´t recognize.

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 1:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 7:55 PM

If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review

Has anyone else had access to the devices? If you are concerned about possible access to your ID, you might want to consider changing your password and making sure it is a strong one. You can also add 2 Factor Authentication to your account for more security.

Link to contact Apple Support in the article.

Apple ID has been compromised

Apple ID Password Change

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication

Two Factor Authentification availability

Apple ID - Using app-specific passwords

Apple ID - Two Step Verification App Specific Passwords

Apple ID - Two Step Verifications FAQ

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2019 7:55 PM in response to spenser1001

If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review

Has anyone else had access to the devices? If you are concerned about possible access to your ID, you might want to consider changing your password and making sure it is a strong one. You can also add 2 Factor Authentication to your account for more security.

Link to contact Apple Support in the article.

Apple ID has been compromised

Apple ID Password Change

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication

Two Factor Authentification availability

Apple ID - Using app-specific passwords

Apple ID - Two Step Verification App Specific Passwords

Apple ID - Two Step Verifications FAQ

Someone I don´t know downloaded a program for iOS devices that it´s tied to my Apple I.D.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.