Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s: Battery Life gone to horrid since iOS 13.x

If this question has been asked before and answered, I can't see it on the way this forum is interacting with my computer.

Since my iPhone 6s (which has an 88% maximum capacity left) was updated to iOS 13, my battery life has gone to nearly useless. I made no changes whatsoever to my phone beside updating the iOS.

If I start my morning with 100% charge, I can easily go down to 50% in about 30 minutes (while on Wifi) by just answering or receiving a number of emails and text messages.

I'm tempted to go to the Apple store and ask them to bring me back to 12.4; that's how bad the battery life has become.

Is there a fix coming besides telling me to go spend $1K on a new 11?

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 2:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 2:53 PM

Hi mdsalemi,

Have you checked battery health?

You can do this by going to Settings > Battery > Battery Health. It suggestions things like adjust display brightness, etc.

Also under battery health it will say if your battery might need to be replaced or not.

You can also refer to the Battery Health section on the iPhone battery and performance page as well.

I hope this helps.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2019 2:53 PM in response to mdsalemi

Hi mdsalemi,

Have you checked battery health?

You can do this by going to Settings > Battery > Battery Health. It suggestions things like adjust display brightness, etc.

Also under battery health it will say if your battery might need to be replaced or not.

You can also refer to the Battery Health section on the iPhone battery and performance page as well.

I hope this helps.

Oct 28, 2019 5:05 PM in response to Soren Pearson

I disabled background app refresh (a fairly new feature) but all the other things have been left alone because that's what is needed to keep the phone running, and what was in place when it ran iOS 12.x. I cannot disable location services because it is essential for some features. I cannot disable bluetooth since when I do, some apps tell me to turn it back on. The phone was fine and stable under 12, but when 13 comes along, you can watch you battery drop like a countdown timer. Something is amiss here, and it's in the OS. All of those tips in the link you sent all make a lot of sense but they make sense regardless of which OS you are using. Of course dim your screen, of course turn off what you are not using. Animations? I've had them since 10.x and I only get a couple of birthday greetings once a year. These are not the issue. The issue was stark, abrupt, and was started when I moved to 13. I've very sorry I did. It's been nothing but trouble on an otherwise rock solid phone.

I'm just wondering if Apple knows how bad this is. Happening on my wife's phone, an identical 6S as well.

iPhone 6s: Battery Life gone to horrid since iOS 13.x

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.