Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone stay a long time in update request

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6s, iOS 12

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 10:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2019 12:32 AM

VPN or proxy connections might prevent your device from contacting the update servers.

Get help with over-the-air iOS updates - Apple Support

If Downloaded and unable to Install --> Remove and download the iOS update again

If you still can't install the latest version of iOS, try downloading the update again:

1. Go to Settings > General > [Device name] Storage.
  2. Find the iOS update in the list of apps.
  3. Tap the iOS update, then tap Delete Update.
  4. Go to Settings > General > Software Update and download the latest iOS update.

If you don’t see the update in the list of apps or if the issue happens again, you need to update your device with iTunes.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2019 12:32 AM in response to meysam146

VPN or proxy connections might prevent your device from contacting the update servers.

Get help with over-the-air iOS updates - Apple Support

If Downloaded and unable to Install --> Remove and download the iOS update again

If you still can't install the latest version of iOS, try downloading the update again:

1. Go to Settings > General > [Device name] Storage.
  2. Find the iOS update in the list of apps.
  3. Tap the iOS update, then tap Delete Update.
  4. Go to Settings > General > Software Update and download the latest iOS update.

If you don’t see the update in the list of apps or if the issue happens again, you need to update your device with iTunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.