Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 13.2 iPhone 6s Plus WiFi problems

After getting installed iOS 13.2 I'm experiencing serious problems with WIFI on my iPhone 6s Plus. Cellular data/LTE works fine however Wifi is dropping down to zero.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 29, 2019 12:11 AM

56 replies

Nov 2, 2019 10:31 AM in response to imehamax

This totally ridiculous

same problem that Apple can’t resolve

I connect to internet through cellular but CAN NOT connect to internet through my WiFi which shows connected. All other computers and iPhones that DID NOT apply any of these useless updates function on WiFi network

Apple has DEFINITELY LOST ITS APPEAL. My next phone definitely won’t be an Apple

where is the right update Apple !!!!!

Nov 2, 2019 11:03 AM in response to MMosier

Absolutely agree with you, friend! I spent with Apple customer support two days 1,5 hours each chat doing ridiculous things they were advising like: "please check if your Wifi is on" or "please check if you have correct date & time on the phone". I went trough all this procedure twice with them. Within working week, I had to do the following just to check if this bug disappears: I reboot my router to factory settings, I completely reinstalled iOS and tried to use as "new phone" and "restored from backup". I changed a lot of settings on a router and iPhone just to see if something can help. Altogether, after updating iOS 13.2 I've spent about 8 hours playing with my iPhone, router, MacBook ( I even tried to use MacBook as Access point and get Internet over Bluetooth). NOTHING - absolutely nothing helped me. And at the end of the day, after 2 sessions with Apple Support chat and doing remote diagnostics, they were unable to tell me the reason what's wrong and why I've lost WiFi connection accurate after (no, sorry , at the same time same second) as I've installed update to 13.2. What's sad is that after figuring out country I'm contacting from at this moment, they said they are not authorized to help me in this chat and advised me to contact official distributor in my country. Why? Why I need to spend my time and physically go to distributor which has nothing to do with iPhone purchased in USA? I'm using various Apple product since 2008 and this is the first time I'm really mad about the situation. No updated OS fixing bugs I guess for old models. And I wouldn't be surprised if official distributor might say you have to change your Wifi module now if you have 6S. Apple - we need your right feedback!

Nov 3, 2019 12:32 AM in response to vladyslav208

i have an iPhone 7 and i just updated to ios 13.2

yesterday it was perfectly fine, in my back room where i play overwatch while i wait, i watch youtube videos so i dont get bored. i had no issues until i installed ios 13.2 now i can barley look up things or go on social media. it took about 30 seconds just to load this discussion. please fix this

Nov 3, 2019 3:16 AM in response to vladyslav208

Same issue here - little or no internet connectivity on WiFi immediately after installing 13.2 on both an iPhone 8 Plus and an iPad mini 4. Cellular is fine but have no Internet connectivity via WiFi on either device even though signal strength is excellent. WiFi is working for other computers. I use a business access point at home so I also tried an old consumer 2.4GHz access point and saw the same issues. This is going to be a major problem.

I'm going to try some more stuff but I don't want to go as far as a full reset which I know is what the "Genius" Bar will want to do. If anyone finds a workaround or solution and can post it here, that would be most appreciated.

Nov 20, 2019 12:52 AM in response to vladyslav208

Same here. Upgraded to 13.2.3 but of no use.

Called up my internet guy to check if this can work anyway but he also said no after working around and change 3 routers. He said your iPhone is putting load on WiFi because of this other devices’s speed is also affecting.

Internet should ping in 1-10 ms but once iPhone is connected it puts so much load that internet ping time increases to 400-1700 ms.

There is a serious issue with iPhone after updating but Apple has not heard us till now.

i called up technical support as well and even they are unaware of the problem 6s and 6s plus users are facing.

iPhone has become a brick after updating, no of my bank applications are working on wifi, other applications that uses internet takes too much time while loading and some times says says no internet.

Apple need to resolve this at the earliest or they will start loosing their customers.

Nov 20, 2019 12:55 PM in response to vladyslav208

I accidentally realised I am facing the same problem on iPhone7+.

For sometime now my iPhone was occasionally slow when opening email, surfing the web, using instagram etc.

Yesterday I was trying to do some work and realised that my iPad was connecting at normal speeds to wifi while my iPhone didn't.

So I started running speed tests and realised that my iPhone was downloading at erratic speeds. One minute it would download at max speed and then the next it would drop even under 0,5Mbps - it would struggle for sometime and then for no reason it would increase.

At the same time ALL other devices (iPads, MBP etc) are downloading at max speeds so it ISN'T the router or the connection.

I have tried to reset network settings to no avail.

There is an issue here and needs to be addressed.

iOS 13.2 iPhone 6s Plus WiFi problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.