Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 5 Aluminium - Screen Scratch / Chip

I purchased my Apple Watch Series 5 Aluminium 40mm on 20 October 2019, have literally owned & worn it for 8days - only Aluminium versions available in my country and also no AppleCare :-/ Been wearing it without a cover - probably a big mistake, but the only covers the store offered were tempered glass screen protectors and I’ve had bad experience with those before - also, Apple doesn’t recommend that users need to wear it with a cover, supposed to be able to wear the product as is.

Today I noticed a tiny scratch/chip on the screen, I’m not sure which it is, not even visible from all angles. Very concerned about this because I literally did not bump or drop the watch, was completely normal use, so what will this watch look like after a month of regular use ?!? Can’t even say for certain that the watch didn’t come with the scratch because it’s not always visible, have a hard time seeing it.

Contacted Apple Support for advice on what to do to extend the durability of the watch, but all I got in return was the Apple Care & cosmetic damage not covered explanation.

I’m really bummed that you can’t buy an Apple Watch, use it the way it was designed to be used & look and have it last for at least 6months before there are problems.

Is it possible that this could be a defective unit? Because I literally did not bump/drop or use the watch in a rough manner. Or is this what is to be expected of an Apple Watch?

Would appreciate objective feedback - thank you!

Photos:

not visible from this angle:

Apple Watch

Posted on Oct 29, 2019 1:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2019 9:11 AM

If you can get to an Apple store, make an appointment with their Genius Bar. They will be able to determine if it's a manufacturing defect or accidental damage......https://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

Similar questions

1 reply

Apple Watch Series 5 Aluminium - Screen Scratch / Chip

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.