Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch defective Screen

Hi.! I recently switched to apple, encouraged by my son and friends.

I bought an apple watch series 5 in January, and I wanted to ask maybe something silly, but still needed to clarify my issue with the watch.

Simple question: how weak is the protective screen..? As you can guess, my watch fell down from less than 3 feet high, and it just broke.

The del is that I was wondering if is there any service note abut some specific models, because I've been researching a little, and most of the time the screen just shatters all over, but in my case, the right upper corner just felt apart, and little pieces of plastic / glass (I just don't know) were in my hands when I lifted it up.

The thing is that I wasn't expecting that the watch were this weak, so that's why I'm asking if there's a chance that my specific model maybe has a defective part that led to this behavior, or if this is just what it's expected in most of the cases.

Since is a brand new device, is there any chance to buy apple care so I can use it to replace it, or this is not the way it works..?

I'll appreciate any comments.

Regards.

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 6

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 11:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 3:04 PM

In the war of glass v. any hard surface, the hard surface is always going to win. Screens can only be shatter resistant to such a degree. It’s highly unlikely you had any kind of defective screen. You are past the point of where you can buy Apple Care. It will have to be replaced. You can begin that process by contacting Apple: https://getsupport.apple.com/

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2020 3:04 PM in response to HansCR77

In the war of glass v. any hard surface, the hard surface is always going to win. Screens can only be shatter resistant to such a degree. It’s highly unlikely you had any kind of defective screen. You are past the point of where you can buy Apple Care. It will have to be replaced. You can begin that process by contacting Apple: https://getsupport.apple.com/

Apple Watch defective Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.