Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

calendar will not sync with icloud

Calendar will not sync with iCloud events more than a year old. Seems to have started on move to IOS 13

Posted on Oct 29, 2019 5:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2019 7:24 AM

If the events are available in the iCloud calendar when you check online with the browser, I would turn off iCloud calendar on the phone. When it asks to save, say no. It will wipe the calendar on the iPhone. Power cycle the phone off/on, then go back in and turn Calendar back on in iCloud. Make sure you are connected to wi-fi when you do this, and give it a couple of minutes to sync back. That should clear the issue.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2019 7:24 AM in response to Sund1001

If the events are available in the iCloud calendar when you check online with the browser, I would turn off iCloud calendar on the phone. When it asks to save, say no. It will wipe the calendar on the iPhone. Power cycle the phone off/on, then go back in and turn Calendar back on in iCloud. Make sure you are connected to wi-fi when you do this, and give it a couple of minutes to sync back. That should clear the issue.

Oct 29, 2019 6:17 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thanks for your help.

I have sync all events selected. I was able to see historical entries previously when working on some bookkeeping records. When I checked today 10/14/2018 was as far as I could find. That is about when my last iOS update was done. I followed several suggestions to recover the entries including changing the sync to a different value (6 months) which further reduced history. When I changed sync back to all events entries to 10/24/18 were recovered. I did verify the calendar entries are present on my iCloud calendar.

calendar will not sync with icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.