Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

fraudulent email

So I received this email to my account address below... anyone else get this? Seems odd as I'm blind copied on it? Check it out ....

Dear customer,

We've finished reviewing your account and cannot allow you access to the Apple platform.

This decision is final and no other information is required unless you verify your account now.

Please verify your account information by clicking on the link bellow.

Sincerely,

Apple Team

It's a phishing scam email maybe?

[Link Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 29, 2019 9:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2019 9:17 PM

Most definitely, without a doubt a Phishing email. Read: Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support for verification/reporting details.

3 replies

Oct 29, 2019 9:39 PM in response to Myna0819

Myna0819 Said:

fraudulent email: So I received this email to my account address below... anyone else get this? Seems odd as I'm blind copied on it? Check it out ....

———-

Its Domain is Purely Fraudulent:

Using an iPhone, holding down on the active link “Verify Now” provided, I can see it leads to nothing of Apple. It’s just a bunch of hexadecimal characters followed by “.com

Do Your Part:

Forward this fraudulent eMail to Apple via the following eMail address: reportphishing@apple.com

The more Apple hears about this, the more Apple will know what is going on.

fraudulent email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.