Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Increase quote level not enabling

The iOS Mail app has an option in the settings to enable “increase quote level” during composing. Unfortunately, no matter if the toggle is on or off, when I go back to the settings, the option remains off. I have tried disabling all the mail accounts - and while there are no accounts to read the mail, the app continues to have this bug. Reinstalling did not resolve the issue either. This issue does not happen on my Mac (it seems these settings are not shared between devices). Anybody have any ideas on next step?

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 29, 2019 11:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2019 1:30 PM

The concern is not about how to enable it, it I that it doesn’t enable. Please review the video attached. Note that the setting says off before I open the option up (which shows it is indeed enabled). I toggle the setting off-to-on but the main screen still represents “off” value in the main menu even when the setting itself shows “on” in the subset menu.

To emphasize what is happening in the video:

1) “Increase Quote Level” (IQL) appears off

2) Entered the sub-menu for IQL and it shows it is actually enabled

3) IQL is toggled off and exited to main menu which also shows IQL is off

4) Entered IQL sub-menu to toggle back on

5) Exited IQL sub-menu and IQL appears off in main menu

I should mention that this is running on iOS 13.2 and I never had this issue before. More importantly, IQL is always behaving as odd no matter what position IQL is in the sub-menu.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2019 1:30 PM in response to SravanKrA

The concern is not about how to enable it, it I that it doesn’t enable. Please review the video attached. Note that the setting says off before I open the option up (which shows it is indeed enabled). I toggle the setting off-to-on but the main screen still represents “off” value in the main menu even when the setting itself shows “on” in the subset menu.

To emphasize what is happening in the video:

1) “Increase Quote Level” (IQL) appears off

2) Entered the sub-menu for IQL and it shows it is actually enabled

3) IQL is toggled off and exited to main menu which also shows IQL is off

4) Entered IQL sub-menu to toggle back on

5) Exited IQL sub-menu and IQL appears off in main menu

I should mention that this is running on iOS 13.2 and I never had this issue before. More importantly, IQL is always behaving as odd no matter what position IQL is in the sub-menu.

Increase quote level not enabling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.