Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: USB Keyboard not working after sleep

I use my MacBook pro with the lid closed and two monitors. I have an external Mac USB keyboard, too. Before the Catalina upgrade, I was able to wake the computer using the external keyboard. Now, after I put the MacBook into Sleep then reconnect to my monitors & keyboard the keyboard does not work. The monitors work fine and the mouse can be used to wake the Mac. But the keyboard does not work until I perform a restart.

Any thoughts?

MacBook

Posted on Oct 30, 2019 10:01 AM

Nov 12, 2019 6:27 PM in response to cornflakecounter In response to cornflakecounter

Same problem here. I have a Macbook Early 2015 with an Apple USB external keyboard. If I put my Macbook into Sleep, my Logitech mouse can wake the Mac, but the keyboard does not work anymore. I have posted a similar question before in this forum and it was suggested to reset the SMC and restart the Mac in safe mode. Safe mode solved the problem for a while but, after some "sleeps", the problem happened again.

Nov 12, 2019 6:27 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 20, 2019 2:14 AM in response to cornflakecounter In response to cornflakecounter

Me too! I'm running a Dell USB C monitor, with its own USB2 ports, one of which is used for the keyboard. On wake up from sleep, the keyboard does not work until you plug & unplug the USB C cable from the MacBook twice. (MacBook Pro 13" 2016 Touchbar

Catalina 10.15.1). No issues at all before Catalina upgrade.

Nov 20, 2019 2:14 AM

Reply Helpful

Dec 6, 2019 8:18 PM in response to cornflakecounter In response to cornflakecounter

I have the same issue here after upgrading to Catalina.

USB Keyboard and mouse is plugged into the monitor's USB hub, and a USB-C cable to the Mac. After a wake up from sleep keyboard and mouse don't respond. I have to unplug and plug the USB-C cable back a few time before it starts to work.

2016 13inch Touch Bar MBP on Catalina 10.15.1

It is really frustrating.....

Dec 6, 2019 8:18 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: cornflakecounter

Question: USB Keyboard not working after sleep