Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My download and install is grayed out on my iPhone 7

My iPhone 7 won’t update to the 13.2. The download and install are greyed out. I’ve already shut it off and restarted. What can I do?

Posted on Oct 31, 2019 3:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2019 11:57 AM

Hi Jladuke,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today. It sounds like you aren't able to update to iOS 13.2 because it's greyed out.

Do you have any restrictions set up on the iPhone 7? Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

Is this a company or school device that might be enrolled in Mobile Device Management?

Have you tried updating with a computer? Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Have a fantastic day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2019 11:57 AM in response to Jladuke

Hi Jladuke,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today. It sounds like you aren't able to update to iOS 13.2 because it's greyed out.

Do you have any restrictions set up on the iPhone 7? Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

Is this a company or school device that might be enrolled in Mobile Device Management?

Have you tried updating with a computer? Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Have a fantastic day!

My download and install is grayed out on my iPhone 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.