Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove an app from your iPhone6 when there is no wiggling X to be seen and when you tap on the app you can only share the app or rearrange it, but there is no delete option?

Ever since the latest update of iOS I can no longer delete apps from my phone. I have seen several options to do it, but none of them work. I do not get a wiggling x when i touch the app, if I try to do it via General - iPhone storage - and get a list of my apps, I can only rearrange them or share them, but I can not remove them.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Posted on Oct 31, 2019 11:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2019 11:36 AM

In iOS 13 to iOS 13.1.3 when pressing on an app, you should get a menu, one of the options is re-arrange; tap that, and the apps should start to shake and get the (x) in the corner.

In iOS 13.2 the menu has been changed and you should see a Delete App option directly. You can also tap on the "Edit Home Screen" option. The Apps should shake, and you can delete them.

If none of the Apps get the (x) then you have Deleting Apps restricted in Settings->Screen Time->Content & Privacy Restrictions->iTunes & App Store purchases->Deleting Apps. Make sure its set to allow.

If some show the (x), but some don't, and the particular App you want to delete is an Apple App and does not have the (x), then its not a deletable App.

See here for more details: How to delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2019 11:36 AM in response to golfinglabrador

In iOS 13 to iOS 13.1.3 when pressing on an app, you should get a menu, one of the options is re-arrange; tap that, and the apps should start to shake and get the (x) in the corner.

In iOS 13.2 the menu has been changed and you should see a Delete App option directly. You can also tap on the "Edit Home Screen" option. The Apps should shake, and you can delete them.

If none of the Apps get the (x) then you have Deleting Apps restricted in Settings->Screen Time->Content & Privacy Restrictions->iTunes & App Store purchases->Deleting Apps. Make sure its set to allow.

If some show the (x), but some don't, and the particular App you want to delete is an Apple App and does not have the (x), then its not a deletable App.

See here for more details: How to delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

How to remove an app from your iPhone6 when there is no wiggling X to be seen and when you tap on the app you can only share the app or rearrange it, but there is no delete option?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.