Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Software update repeatedly shows update available although current version is installed

This began with Mojave 10.14.6. Despite having the current software, Software Updater always showed "Update Available". I re-updated (hoping some corruption would be corrected), but to no avail, and just went around in circles

I've now updated to Catalina 10.15; and now 10.15.1. Same problem. Kindly assist.

Thank You, Michael

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 31, 2019 2:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2019 1:40 PM

Thanks, Old Toad. I didn't state my problem clearly enough; however my problem is now solved. I assume what you indicated was that only the Updater in System Preferences would recognize it did the latest update, and annotate that.

Since I read a lot of online tech mags lately; I learn of Apple update releases on release day, and just search for them in the Mac App Store to install; instead of waiting for Software Updater to notify me. I didn't understand why Updater never recognized I was already updated to the same revision it was notifying me to download. Then if I complied, it never annotated it, and kept reminding me endlessly.

I hopefully have broken that cycle now.

Thanks

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2019 1:40 PM in response to Old Toad

Thanks, Old Toad. I didn't state my problem clearly enough; however my problem is now solved. I assume what you indicated was that only the Updater in System Preferences would recognize it did the latest update, and annotate that.

Since I read a lot of online tech mags lately; I learn of Apple update releases on release day, and just search for them in the Mac App Store to install; instead of waiting for Software Updater to notify me. I didn't understand why Updater never recognized I was already updated to the same revision it was notifying me to download. Then if I complied, it never annotated it, and kept reminding me endlessly.

I hopefully have broken that cycle now.

Thanks

Software update repeatedly shows update available although current version is installed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.