Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change the key photo for a year?

I like the way Photos groups all the photos taken in a particular year in Mac OS Catalina but it seems to just select a random photo as the 'key' photo - some of mine are ones I really don't want to see up front - can you change the photo selected?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.12

Posted on Nov 1, 2019 8:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2019 7:58 AM

Hi there - thanks for that. I'm not talking about albums - it's the 'years' view that you can click on (see attachment) when viewing your entire photo library. Catalina Photos seems to have selected one photo out of all the photos in any particular year as its key photo. It doesn't seem possible to change that photo by any sort of control click... ?

Thanks

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2019 7:58 AM in response to i_rina

Hi there - thanks for that. I'm not talking about albums - it's the 'years' view that you can click on (see attachment) when viewing your entire photo library. Catalina Photos seems to have selected one photo out of all the photos in any particular year as its key photo. It doesn't seem possible to change that photo by any sort of control click... ?

Thanks

Nov 6, 2019 7:33 AM in response to Jim C Glass

Hello Jim C Glass,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like you have albums and you want to change the Key Photos for those albums. In the Photos app if you go into the album you want to change, you can right or control click to get the contextual menu. You will see the option to "Make Key Photo".

Please don't hesitate to let us know if the steps resolved your issue or if you need additional assistance.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a nice day.

How do I change the key photo for a year?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.