Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Select key photo in Year/Months/Day

Hi there,

is there any way to change the key photo, that photos had decided as cover photo for years and months? I'd rather see some nice landscape pictures instead of random people...

In Peoples you can change the key photo so I don't know why this shouldn't be possible here as well.

Thanks in advance!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 29, 2023 11:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2023 11:43 PM

There is no way to change the key photo in the Library views. Photos will pick a different key photo, if you hide the current key photo, but Photos seems to favor photos of smiling people and pets. I stopped using the Years, Months, Days, because the key photos are not helpful to find the major events of the year. I am using smart albums instead, where I can change the keyframes.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2023 11:43 PM in response to katharina25

There is no way to change the key photo in the Library views. Photos will pick a different key photo, if you hide the current key photo, but Photos seems to favor photos of smiling people and pets. I stopped using the Years, Months, Days, because the key photos are not helpful to find the major events of the year. I am using smart albums instead, where I can change the keyframes.

Select key photo in Year/Months/Day

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.