Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS 10.15.1 can't log in to Music, Podcast and TV app

Hey,

I have a MacBook Pro early 2015 and made a clean install of MacOS 10.15.1 and after that, I can't log in to the music, podcast or TV Apps on my MacBook.

I want to sign in with my Apple ID but after that, nothing happens.

Everything else works just fine.

Thanks for your help.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 1, 2019 2:30 PM

7 replies

Nov 9, 2019 12:50 AM in response to florian1991

I think I may have found the solution. Tried this twice and it worked both times.

So these are the steps I took.

1. Create a new user in macOS. I tried with Admin user, so I don't know if Standard user would work.
  2. Login using the new user.
  3. You will be prompted to sign in to iCloud. DON'T SIGN IN.
  4. I turned off Ask Siri as well.
  5. Once logged in, I ran Music app and sign in. This time after providing my Apple ID username and password, there is a prompt for the 2-Factor Authentication. Previously the sign-in prompt just disappears.
  6. Enter the 6 digits for the 2-Factor Authentication
  7. Voila, you will be signed in.

So far this has worked twice for me... after I tried all sorts of things to the point of re-installing 10.15.1..

Good luck!

Nov 13, 2019 12:12 PM in response to swong

This really doesn't solve anything other than troubleshooting that the Apple ID is not the issue. After logging back into the profile where everything except Music is, the issue persists.

I created a new macOS user profile and moved everything over to it and Music worked correctly for about a few days. Then, suddenly, just as before, the new user profile is unable to sign into Music with my Apple ID.

Apple needs to get it together and not rely on users as QA testers.

MacOS 10.15.1 can't log in to Music, Podcast and TV app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.