Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac OS Catalina Bluetooth issues

I use the late 2015 MacBook Pro. Before the Catalina update I was using a wireless Bluetooth mouse and it worked without any problem. Once after I update to Catalina the it completely stoped working. I unpaired the mouse and try it again and it connected but the mouse didn’t work. After that I unpaired again and tried to pair it again and now it don’t even connect to my MacBook Pro. I tried using the mouse with window computer and is worked without any problem. I figured there is an issues with Bluetooth on the new update. Can this be fixed. If so help me please.

Posted on Nov 1, 2019 5:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2019 1:26 PM

Hi Aabe145,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're having trouble with your Mac connecting to a Bluetooth mouse after upgrading to macOS Catalina. I know it's important to be able to use Bluetooth accessories with your Mac; I'd like to help. Based on the steps you've taken so far, I'd suggest disconnecting any external devices and using the resources below to reset the SMC and NVRAM on your Mac:

How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

After you've completed these steps, test again to see if your Mac can pair with the mouse you're using.

If the issue persists, try pairing while connected to a different Wi-Fi network, if available. I'd also suggest trying to pair with Wi-Fi disabled on your Mac: Manage the Wi-Fi connection on your Mac

Are you able to pair other Bluetooth devices with your Mac?

Let me know what you find.

Best Regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2019 1:26 PM in response to Aabe145

Hi Aabe145,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're having trouble with your Mac connecting to a Bluetooth mouse after upgrading to macOS Catalina. I know it's important to be able to use Bluetooth accessories with your Mac; I'd like to help. Based on the steps you've taken so far, I'd suggest disconnecting any external devices and using the resources below to reset the SMC and NVRAM on your Mac:

How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

After you've completed these steps, test again to see if your Mac can pair with the mouse you're using.

If the issue persists, try pairing while connected to a different Wi-Fi network, if available. I'd also suggest trying to pair with Wi-Fi disabled on your Mac: Manage the Wi-Fi connection on your Mac

Are you able to pair other Bluetooth devices with your Mac?

Let me know what you find.

Best Regards.

Mac OS Catalina Bluetooth issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.