Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

missing apple music

i got an iphone 8 to replace my old 6s. i recently reset my apple ID password and once i did, and i signed in on my new phone and everything on my account came back on my new phone; everything but all my playlists and music that i downloaded through the apple music app. everything in my library is gone except the few songs that i purchased years ago before i got apple music. but i had over 700 songs on this account!! how can i get them back??? what do i need to do?

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 1, 2019 8:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2019 1:46 PM

Hey there erinchustz,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand your Apple Music library did not appear after signing into your account on your iPhone 8. I’ll be happy to help with this.

Go to Settings > Music and make sure Show Apple Music and Sync Library are enabled. 

If those are enabled, turn them off, restart your iPhone and turn them back on. This may also removes any music you’ve downloaded, just to let you know.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Turn both Show Apple Music and Sync Library back on and see if your data appears.

Let me know if this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2019 1:46 PM in response to erinchustz

Hey there erinchustz,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand your Apple Music library did not appear after signing into your account on your iPhone 8. I’ll be happy to help with this.

Go to Settings > Music and make sure Show Apple Music and Sync Library are enabled. 

If those are enabled, turn them off, restart your iPhone and turn them back on. This may also removes any music you’ve downloaded, just to let you know.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Turn both Show Apple Music and Sync Library back on and see if your data appears.

Let me know if this helps.

missing apple music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.