Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch OS 5.1: Disabling Auto Launch Audio Apps not Working

i have disabled disabled auto launch audio apps on Apple Watch but now playing screen keeps coming back. My battery life is getting killed and it’s frustrating as every time I look at my phone I don’t see the time and have to press the crown to see my watch face...

Apple Watch

Posted on Nov 1, 2019 9:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2019 2:06 PM

Hi algPCtoMac,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help with "Now Playing" on your Apple Watch. It sounds like you have disabled Auto-Launch Audio Apps in Settings > General > Wake Screen but the feature still appears.

Did you restart the Watch after switching off the setting? How to restart your Apple Watch.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, try unpairing the Watch and iPhone then setting them up again: Unpair and erase your Apple Watch.

Let me know how that goes.

Have a fantastic day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2019 2:06 PM in response to algPCtoMac

Hi algPCtoMac,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help with "Now Playing" on your Apple Watch. It sounds like you have disabled Auto-Launch Audio Apps in Settings > General > Wake Screen but the feature still appears.

Did you restart the Watch after switching off the setting? How to restart your Apple Watch.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, try unpairing the Watch and iPhone then setting them up again: Unpair and erase your Apple Watch.

Let me know how that goes.

Have a fantastic day!

Watch OS 5.1: Disabling Auto Launch Audio Apps not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.